Tuesday 11 February 2014

Venice boulevard, San Diego Freeway, Rosco's and The Getty



Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting Sophie from the British Council and the Los Angeles recipients of the International Creative Fellowship award, (you can find out about them here) at LA institution, Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles.



Obama had visited this branch in the not so distant past. It was super friendly, the portions were massive and it was probably the best fried chicken I've tasted. It nearly sent me into a food coma though.

Meeting the other awardees was great and it looks like I will be visiting a project for homeless women Downtown this week and a theatre arts project in prison next week. The Creative Fellowship programme really looks like it is creating some great international networks and I hope it continues.

The rest of the morning was spent driving around due to a GPS failure. I enjoyed it a little bit more than 'my driver'. Here's some pictures.

































































Following our drive we met the Education team from the Getty. I'll write this up in more detail at some point but their programme looks great. I was particularly interested in the Getty Getaway Days where they provide transport for and host a Title 1 school (a school where more than 73% of the kids are in poverty) and members of the community around it 9neighbours, grannies, parents etc) at the museum.



The views from their offices are amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment